What do all successful individuals and organizations have in common? That’s right, they have goals!
We should all have goals in life, both personal and career focused. Many people agree with me on this, but few of us make specific goals, and even fewer actually meet those goals.
Why is this? Is there some silver bullet or magical formula to achieving your goals? If there is, I know I have not found it.
What I do know is six stupidly obvious ways to start accomplishing your goals:
1. Ensure your goals are specific enough that it is clear when you have reached them. If you cannot measure your goal, it is not a goal; it’s just a really nice wish.
2. WRITE YOUR GOAL DOWN! If you don’t write it down, you will probably never accomplish it.
3. Share your goals. Sharing your goals increases the likelihood of successfully achieving anything you set out to do.
4. Have a coach or mentor that is there to guide and support you in the tough times – this can be a friend or (supportive) family member.
5. Do not stop working towards your goal until you accomplish it!
6. Ask yourself “What can I do today to make my goal happen?” Do this every day!
Comment below to share the stupidly obvious ways that you accomplish your goals!
I would also like to hear about any goals that you have (yes, this qualifies for credit on point #2 AND point #3)!!!
[Top Photo By Juanfraan (Own work), via Wikimedia Commons]